Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One Week Post Op Check Up

WOW !!!!!  I got my drains out today !  I am so excited !!  Dr. T. is very pleased with his work, of course, I am, too !!  I still have the cotton padding (bolsters) sewn onto my nipples.  They come off next week.  Reason being is because, my nipples are a skin graph and he doesn't want my compression bra rubbing against them or anything at this time. 

I asked his assistant, Denise, who took the drains out and everything, about a bra.  She said probably next time you can go get a sports bra.  I said, "WHAT" ?!?!?  She said, "Yes, a sports bra is all you will need".  I said, "What about a BRA"?  She said, "If you want to get fitted for one, you can"!  I have always worn a bra.  Decisions.. decisions... *giggles*

8 comments:

  1. I appreciate your letting us know how your breast reduction surgery went. I'm so glad that it went well and that you are feeling all right. I don't need breast reduction surgery; if anything, I need implants. LOL! But I will survive without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy when you called today with this update! You know I am happy that you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzanne ~ You are never too old to get what you want in life. If you want implants, go for them. I would !! But, I had the opposite problem. I am so glad that I got my reduction!

    Jenn ~ I just had to share that with you! You know exactly what I am going through!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful Miz Dawn!!!
    Enjoy!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! And sports bras are quite comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad ur doing well! And glad u got those tubes out! I kept hitting mine where it would come loose...oops;) And a sports bra IS comfy but I got tired of wearing mine. Especially since it's been so hot. Got quite "warm" wearing one so I switched to a reg bra. What size are u now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cassie ~ Thanks ! I can't wait to try a sports bra. I have never worn one before!

    Crystal ~ I don't know my cup size. I would say an A or a very small B. Probably more like an A. But, from what I was.... I am smiling from ear to ear !! :)

    ReplyDelete