Having a rough day? Try these head-to-toe at-home spa treatments to help you relax without spending a fortune!
You can find everything you need to pamper yourself at your local pharmacy. Try to find products that match your skin type and needs and look for products that are formulated to soothe and relax you!
Treat yourself to one of the great pleasures in life - a rejuvenating facial!
1. Pull your hair back and away from your face and rinse your face with warm water. Use soft, circular motions to apply a facial scrub of your choice - the motion will lift away dead skin cells while cleaning dirt and oil out of your pores.
2. Rinse the scrub from your face and apply a facial mask that is suitable for your skin (you can find this at any drug store). Find a quiet and comfortable place to lie down and place cucumber slices over your eyes for the time it takes your chosen facial mask to set.
3. Rinse the facial mask from your face, and apply a moisturizer that is suitable for your skin to maintain your fresh-from-the-spa glow!
Giving yourself a manicure is a simple way to spoil yourself and the end result will make you feel great well after it's over.
1. Take off any nail polish you're already wearing and soak your fingertips in a bowl of warm water.
2. Cut and file your nails to the desired shape.
3. Rub a good-quality lotion into your hands and forearms, preferably one that doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy.
4. Use nail polish remover to remove any oil from your nail beds and then paint them. This will help you to apply a smooth coat of nail polish without any bubbles or streaks.
5. While your nails dry, relax and flip (carefully) through your favorite magazine!
Freshen up your tired, sore feet with some quality time and a little bit of lotion.
1. Rub your feet with a thick, creamy body butter. Shea and cocoa butter are one of my favorites.
2. With firm pressure, move your fingers in a circular motion on the soles of both of your feet.
3. Hold your heel in your left hand and move your foot at the ankle joint to loosen the joint. Rotate clockwise and anti-clockwise five times. Repeat with the right foot.
4. After your massage, apply more body butter to your feet. Put on thick socks and keep them on for several hours or overnight to allow the rest of the moisturizer to absorb in to your feet. You'll wake up with soft, supple skin!
Take a few hours this week to do one or all of these things. You'll feel and look like a million bucks!